The “Closing Ceremony” of the 11th Edition “BCN Sports Film – Barcelona International FICTS Festival”, celebrated on January 24th in the Olympic and Sports Museum Joan Antoni Samaranch and broadcasted via streaming through the BCN Sports Film website and social networks (www.bcnsportsfilm.org) and has been marked by nostalgia for the closing ceremonies of past editions where the world of cinema, sport, politics and society converged on the stage.
David Escudé, President of the Fundació Barcelona Olímpica was the person who awarded the Amphora Barcelona City to this 11th edition’s best film to “Shakhmaty / Chess“, an animation short film directed by Alexey Pochivalov and produced by Boris Mashkovtsev (Soyuzmultfilm film studio).
- Shakhmaty / Chess: an unexpected clay chess game. Mr. Stranislav Petrunichev, Russian Vice-consul, has collected the award.
The special award of the Jury —Thea Marti, Ramon Alaró, Mayuko Fujiki, Santi Siquier and Dolors Aixalà— was for the movie Balón F.C (Spain, 2019), directed and produced by Raúl San Román
This year the jury awarded three special mentions:
- Ijrain Maradona / Maradona’s legs (Italian, 2019), directed by Firas Khoury and produced by Zorana Musikic and May Odeh (schaf oder scharf film, Odeh Films).
- Изгой / Outcast (Rusian, 2017) directed by Yury Sysoev and produced by Yury Sysoev y Alexey Fursenko (Amarant pictures).
- Safety (France, 2019) by Fabrice Joubert and produced by Samuel François-Steininger and Fabrice Joubert (Easter Moon Films)
The other awards were:
Award for best Catalan production
- Inside Me (Catalonia, 2018) directed by Miquel Soler and produced by Victor Lecha (Abstract Films)
Award for best documentary production
- Dima’s Game (Canadian, 2020), directed and produced by Oussayma Canbarieh (Symage Media)
Award for best fiction film
- 40 Tableros / 40 Boards (Argentina, 2020) by Alfonso Gastiaburo and produced by Ana Taleb (Cinespuma)
Award for best film of adventure sports – ÁLVARO BULTÓ
- The Thrive (Germany, 2019) by Ole Diebold and produced by Nicolas Prien.
Award for best animated film
- Le dernier jour d’automne / The last day of autumn (Switzerland, 2019) directed by Marjolaine Perreten. Produced by Nicolás Bourle (Nadasdy Film, La Boîte).
Sport as a cooperation tool Award
- El nadador / The swimmer (Spain, 2018) directed by Pablo Barce. Produced by César Martínez i Antonio Hens (Dexiderius producciones, S.L. and Malas compañías PC S.L.)
Stay -Home Award
- A Sky movie (Spain, 2020) directed and produced by Philipp Klein
Mireia Vicente was the master of Ceremony in this 11th Edition of the BCN Sports Film Festival.