Dr Patrick Andrew Luwandagga, FICTS 1st V. President is the promoter and the organizer of the “10th Kampala International FICTS Festival” organized in the Ugandan capital on 26-27 July.
The Festival attracted 40 productions among which from six from Africa: Uganda (3), Kenya (1), Tanzania (1), Angola (1).
The “Sea Scalop” was the venues of the Festival. The Uganda National Sports Council’s Deputy General Secretary, David Semakula Katende – as “Guest of Honour” – handed over certificates/diplomas to deserving winners.
In his speech, he commended FICTS Uganda and the FICTS Federation International for the annual activity where the best films are picked. He also underlined the importance of FICTS Fed boss’ message saying that “together with you, sport and culture will always win and permit an increasing number of people of all ages to live and spread the Olympic Values”.
This Festival brings together the leading sports producers, directors, commentators, camera-persons and programme buyers from within the region, the continent and the world. Over 40 entries, to be accorded free public entry, competed in the Festival: one from Russia, three from Uganda and one each from Angola, Kenya and Tanzania.
And the winners are:
- Olympic Spirit: “FOOTSTEPS” directed by Annet Nakamya (Uganda)
- Sport & Society: “THE CHAMP” directed by Rosemary Travale (Canada)
- TV Show: “GERALDINOS” directed by Pedro Asheg & Renato Martins (Brazil)
- Movies: “TOTAL DEFENCE” directed by Cyril Guenet (France)
- Documentary: “RINGS OF THE WORLD” directed by Olga Mitko (Russia)