FICTS: “OLYMPIC CULTURE THROUGH IMAGES”
Worldwide promotion of the Olympism through the projection of the high quality Olympic Images from the IOC Archive put at disposition by FICTS through the International Circuit “World FICTS Challenge”
Based on the profitable relationship with the IOC Foundation for Culture and Olympic Heritage, and in range of the proposals for the “Olympic Agenda 2020” of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs (FICTS) studied a Project to spread the Olympic values through the audiovisual Olympic contents from the IOC Archive.
THE VALUES OF THE PROJECT
The Project elaborated by Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs (FICTS) represents a chance to spread the educative and formative Values of the Olympic and Paralympic Movement through images, involving youth and all the worldwide population.
This action could be part of the IOC’s global strategy to maintain world society’s interest in sport, encouraging to practice physical activity and promoting Olympism.
SEATS OF THE PROJECT “OLYMPIC IMAGES – OLYMPIC VALUES 2017”
- Rotterdam (NETHERLANDS): 6 – 8 April 2017
- Barcelona (SPAIN): 3 – 7 May 2017
- Rio de Janeiro (BRAZIL): 1 – 31 August 2017
- Beijing (CHINA): 10 – 14 August 2017
- Tehran (I.R. IRAN): 4 – 7 September 2017
- Tashkent (UZBEKISTAN): 18 – 21 September 2017
- Côte Azur (FRANCE): 26 – 28 September 2017
- Liberec (CZECH REP.): 4 – 7 October 2017
- Oaxaca (MEXICO): 18 – 21 October 2017
- Milano (ITALY): 16 – 21 November 2017
The main goal of the Project is diffusion and cultural using of all time Olympic images with the objective to promote the Olympic Culture, its Heritage and its priceless values involving in the “Olympic Family” the world of sport, of culture, of communication coming from all over the world.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- To promote the Olympic Values through the spreading of the high quality Olympic Images;
- To develop relationships with sports organizations having as their goal the promotion of the Olympic values worldwide;
- To discover and spread the social and cultural meaning of the Olympic Games;
- To celebrate the Olympic Movement as a common good shared by all humanity;
- To reinforce the link between positive values and the celebration of the Olympic Games through the real use of the power of sports image;
- To allow more and more people of any age, gender, race, religion and social class, to live and share the Olympic and Paralympic Values as tool of statement of human dignity worldwide;
- To promote Olympic Values through participation and sharing processes of the Social Networks
MEETING AND WORKSHOP IN EVERY SEAT
FICTS will organize for every phase of the Project a debate to promote the “Olympic Values” with the presence of a IOC representative.
Some of the themes to discuss:
- The value of the Olympism in the modern Society
- Culture through Sport – Culture through Images
- Olympic images and new technologies
- Olympic Values among the young